Registration: Foreign Exchange Students
||Registrar: Jeanne DeLorenzo
Phone: 310-378-8471 Ext. 208
Requirements for Foreign Exchange Students
We can take a foreign exchange student if:
- The student is affiliated with a foreign exchange organization that is approved by the Attorney General’s office. For example AFS. These students are temporary and can attend for one year.
- And in order to approve the admission of a foreign exchange student, the superintendent or designee must receive a written request for enrollment by May 20th of the preceding school year from the organization.
- The student’s English proficiency must be sufficient for a successful study at the school.
- Space must be available and a suitable program exits at the school.
- In addition the student shall submit evidence that he/she has been fully immunized in accordance with California law.
- A descriptive or numerical evaluation of the student’s academic performance must be given.
- They must meet district proficiency tests ELD testing.
- Students must be younger than 18 before December 1st. Compulsory education ends at age 18.
- The exchange organization has a family that resides in our district that can provide proof of residency.
What we do not provide the foreign exchange student:
- Do not provide a diploma especially if the student is an 11th or 12th grade enrolling.
- We do not provide visa’s.
- No I-20 or visitor visa’s. Districts never take F-1 or J-1 visa’s. If an adult immigrant is here on an F-1 visa or E-2 visa, we can enroll their children if they can provide proof of residency. These are good for one year.
A letter of attendance can be provided.
|International Student Exchange Placement Organizations
Registry List: 2008
Updated: March 14, 2008
- Academic and Cultural Exchange (A.C.E.)
- AFS-USA, Inc.
- American Councils for International Education ACTR/ACCELS, Inc.
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- American Secondary Schools for International Students & Teachers (ASSIST, Inc.)
- Aspect Foundation
- ASSE International Student Exchange Programs
- AYUSA International
- Center for Cultural Interchange
- Council for Educational Travel USA
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- Cultural Homestay International
- Education Travel & Culture (ETC)
- Educational Consortium Institute
- Educational Resource Development Trust
- EF Foundation for Foreign Study
- Face the World Foundation
- Foundation for Intercultural Travel, Inc.
- Foundation for Worldwide International Student Exchange
- Global Insights, Inc. dba Global Insights Student Exchange Program, Inc.
- Inter-Ed, Ltd.
- International Fellowship, Inc.
- International Student Exchange
- Laurasian Institution
- Learning and Achievement Foundation
- Nacel Open Door, Inc.
- New Gen RYE Program Corp.
- Northwest Student Exchange
- O.C.E.A.N. dba Organization for Cultural Exchange Among Nations
- Pacific Intercultural Exchange
- Program of Academic Exchange (PAX)
- Southern California/Nevada Rotary International Youth Exchange
- Terra Lingua, Inc.
- USA, United Students Association, Inc.
- Western States Student Exchange, Inc.
- World Experience
- World Heritage International Student Exchange Programs, Inc.
- World Link, Inc. dba World Exchange Group
- Youth For Understanding USA, Inc.
- Youth Life/Amicus