Internship/Work Experience Guidelines
- Internship: 5 hours per week, non-paid.
- Work Experience: 10 hours per week, per period enrolled.
- Only 3 weekend hours can be counted towards the total weekly work experience hours.
ONE TIME SEMESTER RESPONSIBILITIES
The following paperwork must be completed and turned in by Wednesday, September 30/February 24th:
- Work Experience/Internship student information sheet
- Student Responsibilities
- Statement of Intent
- Work Permit
- Monthly Time Sheet/Employer Evaluation: Monthly time logs must be completed and signed by the first Wednesday of the following month.
CHANGING JOBS/QUITTING/PROBLEMS, ETC.
- If you change jobs, you need to get a new work permit for that job.
- If you quit a job, get fired, or any other problems occur, you need to get a new job immediately in order to get credit for the class.
- If you decide that you cannot work and go to school, you must drop the class with your counselor by the correct deadline, otherwise, you will receive an “F” in the class.
- Work Wednesdays: We will meet very briefly on the first Wednesday of every month at lunch to turn in paperwork and check your general working status. Also, if at any time, you need to see me, or turn something in, Wednesdays at lunch will be the time to do so.
- 5th Period: Another optional time where I will be free to discuss things/present to hand in materials, will be 5th period. If you have a fifth period, but need to turn materials in/discuss something with me, please come by room 412 once 4th period ends.
- I will generally be available during the aforementioned times, however, to ensure my presence, it is suggested that you make plans to meet me in advance.
Work Permit Procedures
1. Completely fill out the application form, to get one see Mr. Fujinaga in room 412 or print one and come to room 412 during pathways or lunchtime only! Once this is completed, then you will get an actual permit.
2. Be sure all of the information is provided including the signatures of a parent and the employer. A permit cannot be issued without a Social Security number.
3. Return when completed to Mr. Fujinaga for processing of the actual permit.