PVHS places a very high emphasis on the academic success and emotional well being of all students. Various programs, for all levels of students, challenge each PVHS student to reach his or her maximum potential. PVHS ensures students are well equipped with the academic skills that allow them to follow their own unique academic pursuits and extracurricular endeavors in high school and beyond.
Student Learning Outcomes
Community Oriented Citizenship
- Demonstrate an understanding and be able to analyze current issues from historic, political, economic, geographic and multicultural perspectives.
- Use technology to access information, communicate ideas, and analyze and solve problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the scientific process through reading, literature analysis and appreciation of the linkage between science and society.
- Understand, appreciate and respect ideas, attitudes, and values that shape diverse cultures and individual differences.
- Participate in community, social, civil or cultural service.
Teamwork & Personal Development
- Develop teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Communicate articulately, effectively, and persuasively when speaking and writing.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and self-discipline necessary to achieve and maintain personal well-being.
- Foster positive interpersonal relationships within diverse settings.
- Contribute and function in various group roles, accepting individual and group responsibility.
- Set appropriate and realistic educational, vocational, and personal goals and make informed decisions based on those goals.
- Stay informed and prepared on post-secondary options.
- Apply content and skills learned through the PVHS curriculum to academic and extracurricular pursuits after high school.
- Demonstrate school-to-work/post secondary transition skills and knowledge.
- Pursue intellectual, artistic, practical, or physical endeavors.