Coordinator: Charles Park, Associate Principal
Room: Admin Office
Phone: 310-378-8471 Ext: 252
Test Registration Procedure PDF
Late Testing Schedule - You must have pre-approval to take Late Exams; contact Dr. Park with any questions.
NOTE: This year, all AP scores will only be available online at apscore.org starting July.
The Environmental Science AP class partnered with the Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy to learn about the science of habitat restoration. Students visited the Alta Vicente Reserve in Rancho Palos Verdes where they learned to identify native and non-native organisms as well as learn about the local ecology. They collected percent cover data from areas of the reserve that were in various stages of the restoration process. They also made phenology assessments to be used for a comparative analysis with data that will be collected during a follow-up visit this spring. The Environmental Science AP class has been collecting data from this site for the past four years. Click for slideshow.
Test Registration Procedures
- AP Examinations will be given from May 6-17, 2013. The tests are given during two sessions each day: morning (8:00 AM–12 noon) and afternoon (12 noon–4:00 PM). 2013 Schedule of Examinations.
- The 2013 PVHS AP Test fee is $93 per test
- ALL CHECKS MUST BE TURNED IN BY MARCH 6, 2013
- Only checks are accepted. Checks must be made out to PVHS
- Students must bring a separate check for each test
- Each check must have a) student’s name, b) AP teacher’s name & period, c) AP exam title written in the memo line
- SAMPLE CHECK (For each exam the student is taking):
- There will be a $30 late charge per test for any fees received after March 6, 2013.
- Students wishing to apply for a need-based fee reduction must see Charles Park by March 13, 2013.
- Students that require an alternative testing time due to activities or athletic events must make this request at least three weeks in advance with Mr. Park. AP will charge the student an extra $50 per test taken at an alternative time. Do not sign up with your teacher.
- Refunds will not be issued unless the student drops the class, moves out of the area or has illness or injury confirmed by a physician. A refund request must be made by March 13, 2013.
- Students that register, but do not take an AP exam will be assessed a $13 fee by AP.
- As students turn in their checks, please ensure that the check is correct and record the check number on your roster.
- Turn in the completed roster and checks to Charles Park’s office no later than 12:00 on
March 7, 2013.
This year, all AP scores will only be available online at apscore.org starting July.